Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Friends

Hello again, I'm stinkin' excited about this layout for Use It Tuesday. Today we're asking you to do something that captures "trends" of some kind, while using hoarded products.

I glued all these old, misfit chipboard letters (many from Target's $1 scrapbooking supplies) to a piece of album filler paper. ;)


Then I rubbed onto a new piece of paper over the letters with my finger daubers and distress inks. Some of the daubers had leftover color but the one I kept re-applying was Walnut Stain. 

The trend I wanted to focus on was frames, and I included a bunch of them as you'll see below. Also super fun and trendy are the shaped paper clips, the little envelope, and those wood veneers. 


Of the products I used here, the letters are definitely the oldest and probably 4 years old. The frames and decorative brads (from American Crafts Chap) come in next at over a year. 


I don't know why I didn't actually put a title on this layout, but I think not having one balances out all those other letters. There's journaling tucked into the envelope. 


Now, go make some old stuff look new again!

Oh! And for those of you who really want to stretch your stash, the chipboard letters were used in a second layout that I posted yesterday. 

1 comment:

  1. I am once again impressed. I have fallen off the "Use it Tuesday" wagon, but this layout is so trendy and cute, I'm thinking I need to hop back on. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...