Monday, August 31, 2015


Just a little "hello" card to get me back in the groove of blogging.

 I hope. Actually, I'm pretty certain I'll have to be consistent for a while - you see I am rather, how do you say? Competitive? Okay, quite. Quite competitive.  And one of my coworkers has challenged me to post on a regular basis to help her maintain motivation to post on her own blog. This one is for you Lyn.

So for Lyn a post, for those of you who like pretty paper:

BasicGrey Fresh Cut
Studio Calico wood veneers
Maya Road glassine envelope
American Crafts DIY Shop bow
Fancy Pants cork arrow
Thermoweb foil
Glossy Accents
Lawn Fawn Scripty Hello die
Homemade enamel dot

And for those of you who have followed for a while (or rather, haven't followed but didn't delete me in my absence) I'll catch you up on some of my recent endeavors. I've taken a sabbatical from teaching at the scrapbook store so that we can make our job situation work better for the family for a while.  I've been slowly creating again for myself. And I've edited two books for Lyn in the past six months. Vance is in first grade and Rylan is my constant shadow. I'm in a massive, entire household purge at a level I haven't purged since moving into this apartment before Vance as born.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Patriotic cards

Happy Fourth of July

In honor of Independence Day we put together a card Make - and - Donate at Soul Sentiments. We created three card kits that customers could put together and then write a sentiment for one of the in-patient veterans at our local VA. 

All three feature papers from Bella Blvd All American collection. 

Gold Foil - Silhouette America
Star, USA, and sentiment cut on Silhouette Cameo
Twine - WRMK

Viva Decor Glitter Paste
Lawn Fawn Scripty Sentiments Die
WRMK gold chevron washi
Glossy Accents
Dylusions Star stencil

WRMK twine
Viva Decor Inka Gold - Blue and OldGold
White pen
USA and Proud die cut using Silhouette Cameo

Thursday, July 2, 2015


Something we started a few months back at Soul Sentiments was our Tidbits line. Basically, it is an assortment of embellishments and journal cards - just one or two of something from any given product. The Tidbits have been gaining in popularity, especially themed ones so for June we created a Garden one that I'll post in a few days and this Americanana one. I just love that I get to make samples for them all!

I made a custom background using some of my older October Afternoon and Tattered Angels mists. The blue painty lines are from Creatuve Inspirations paint pots. And the rest of the page is about half of the goodies that Dala put into the kit. I love the way it came together, a lot of it seemed really cutesy and not my style at all until I started layering it over that background which really seemed to ground it.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

dragonfly canvas

I made this little beauty this winter as well, it is mostly mica flakes and glass glitter embedded into Art Anthology paints. Soul Sentiments provided me with a 2x2" canvas and the little easel and then I set to work at being inspired. 

Who doesn't love a teeny tiny canvas?! And all that texture. Mmmmm. 

Monday, June 29, 2015


During the long, cold winter that we just experienced in the Midwest I spent a lot of time working on my mixed media skills. I developed these tags as a class on basic techniques using products by brands that most card making and scrapbook ears would recognize. The store provided the tags and I brought lots of goodies to share in the class. 

Dylusions mists, modeling paste, and lots of stencils

Ranger Distress Paint Daubers

Father-Castell Gelatoes

alcohol inks

Art Anthology Velvet and Sorbet

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Totally Tulip

Wow! It has been a long time since I shared my craftiness with the world. The past couple of weeks I've gotten back into playing along with the Mid Week Mojo challenges. And since they were nearing the end of the 10 week series (this series was titled Tulip) I thought I would be a mad scrapper and catch up and post them all at once.

Tulip 1

Tulip 2

Tulip 3

Tulip 4

Tulip 5

Tulip 6

Tulip 7

Tulip 8

Tulip 9

Tulip 10

I used a lot of scraps and last of items on these layouts - if there's something you just have to know what I used or how I did it, then ask away but the product lists for these pages would be HUGE and just not worth listing individually.

This isn't the only thing I've been up to, and I'm hoping to start carving more time for creative play and sharing again. I miss the blogging fun.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Feb Card Party

For our February Card Party (class) we decided to feature KaiserCraft's Teddy Bear Picnic. 

I'll start with my favorite card, because what's not to love about some sequins?! 

Okay, based on sequin use, maybe this one is my second favorite. It's definitely one of the more colorful cards in this set, so much brown when you start dealing with teddy bears. 

This one I sort of went off on my own and pulled some papers not from the line as the background and threw on some washi to mix it up a bit. I did use one of the die cut shapes that came in the back of the 6x6 pad as an embellishment to keep the design a part of the group. Again, as cute as the bears were/are I needed something other than brown. 

This one is sort of dark but that's mostly a photography issue. I was trying to get all the colors balanced and struggled way more than was necessary. This is our technique card and I used alcohol inks to create a colorful plaid background and a sort of marbly green card to liven up the browns. 

This one is definitely the simplest of the cards from a production standpoint, I was excited about it because in person the iRock gems are super fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...