Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Harry Potter themed gift

Two years ago I had a crazy idea to make Harry Potter themed glasses for David's grad school adviser. At the time I bought a whole bunch of Target dollar glasses and practiced the technique - resulting in any wonky looking ones going into my cabinet and only gifting the best. 


Those wonky glasses are still in my cabinet and a few months back my mom was visiting and noticed them. It got us talking about doing a set for a coworker's upcoming birthday. I was more than happy to put those files to use again. 


After all that Harry Potter nonsense I had to make a Gryffindor card for her. It's mostly from ancient scraps but I did paint Ranger Distress Crackle in Rock Candy over the crest. And the MME Necessities vellum really helped ground the American Crafts Thickers word. 

She pretty much loved it all. And it got me thinking that I might have to use some of the DC images in the store to make some superhero ones for my family. Maybe.

Sadly, the HP shapes are not available in the Silhouette Studio store anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is geektastic! I've done a bit of etching and they end up impressive gifts don't you thin?! The card is simply wonderful. Great pairing of the vellum and thickers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...