Friday, February 17, 2012

Personal Challenge

A couple of the girls over at scrapbooksteals.com's Facebook page were talking about doing a _#_ Project Challenge before spending more money on their stash (with exceptions for things like glue!). It got me thinking about how much crafting stuff I've acquired in the last couple of months, I'm putting a personal spin on it:

25 Projects or 50 Miles

Now for some of you 50 miles may not seem like much, but this winter The Scientist and I got out of our exercise routine and that first 50 could take a while to hit - or since I can probably run 50 miles before cranking out 25 scrappy projects it might just be the incentive I need to get moving. 

My rules:
  • Stash buying exception: adhesive or if SS offers up an eyelet setter (I really want one!)
  • Mileage definition: obviously miles are miles, but throwing in a great workout DVD will count for 1 mile since the point is to make me get off my bum a little more!

I don't want to declare that I'll post every day or even every week but I will be keeping track and do a round-up review of where I am on a relatively frequent basis. 

For now, I'll post Project 1: a page I created for SS's Garnet MWM sketch series all about Squirrel's 3rd birthday party. 

Paper and trims: MME Hip-Hooray
Brads: 7-Gypsies
Sew Easy Yellow Twine
Distressing: Colorbox Yellow Citrus and Chestnut; Imaginisce D-stress; Pebbles Chalks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...