Monday, December 29, 2014

Jan Card Party

I hope that everyone had a good Christmas, ours was pleasant with some local and not so local family around. We're definitely ready to get back into our regular routines though! Or at least the mommy is. 

This set of cards will be a class at Soul Sentiments in January, part of our Card Party series, and features papers from Bo Bunny Powder Mountain and Echo Park Head Over Heels. Bet you can't guess which line is which. Just kidding.

The first card is super simple but has a crazy long drying time. I drew a snowman on some Silhouette Stencil Material that I'd cut wrong but saved and cut it out by hand. Then use a Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Distress Inks to color the edges of the shape. Fill in the stencil with Glass Beads (that's the long drying part). While it dried I added the other edge inking, the sentiment and the flocking "snow." 


Heat embossing is one of my favorite techniques for Card Party classes, it just adds so much interest without building up the costs.  A little fussy cutting, some Stickles, and a Unity Stamp and this one's done. 


I am normally alllllllll about the layers, but this paper was so pretty that I didn't want to cover it up so I kept this card CAS and used a technique that I hadn't incorporated into any parties yet - stitching. The large snowflake is from a WRMK Sew Easy template and the smaller ones were hand punched to cover up some poor stamping on my part. 


Okay, this one's more what you'd expect from me. I did some stash busting for this card and am sharing a whole bunch of old flowers (I haven't been scrapping that long and still can't remember what company they're from). The ribbon is AC, the brad is Girl's Paperie, cork heart is Studio Calico. The birds were created by using a pink and a metallic gray gelato on Neenan cardstock with a wet brush, allowed to dry and then the birds (from Lawn Fawn) were stamped over the color and fussy cut. 


And I sort of went patterned crazy on this and totally love it. In person, this is definitely my favorite card. Products include WrMK and MME washi tapes, Love My Tapes ribbon tape, some of my homemade enamel dots (pony beads), and that braided ribbon thing (I got a bunch at a recent stash sale at Soul Sentiments and that look was a fun touch for the card). 

More to come, I'm almost caught up on posting older projects...

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving all of these! Those birds are completely adorable! Such a great collection, must make a good card party for your classmates.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...