Saturday, March 9, 2013

Watch me skate

Kiwi Lane templates have become a go-to product for me. Not because I can't put together a page, but because sometimes it is just faster to trace and cut rather than pull out the Silhouette. Can you say under an hour to do this page, even with a little hand stitching and text messaging?

I used one of their sketches for this, DT Doodles 9 by Jenn Nicholes. Please note that this is a rare picture of me! Normally I'm the one manning the camera but my mom decided that the moment was so funny that it needed to be preserved and took action. All I want to do is yell at myself to stop slouching, gah!


Here's what went into it: the two biggest pieces of paper are from American Crafts Chap line, as is that strip of blue/green and white across the bottom of the page and the red frame at the top. 

The yellow chevron paper was in my scrap pile and I don't remember what it's from, but I punched it with the Christmas American Crafts Knock Out punch. 

The brown tag (Kiwi template) is from WRMK Hall Pass, and the twine and eyelet are WRMK as well. 

The green car and the journaling block, both cut from Kiwi Lane templates, are Amy Tangerine. 

The red car and lightning bolt (also both cut from templates) and alpha stickers are from Echo Park's For the Record and For the Record 2. 

The white half circle is a Jillibean Sprout. There's washi from MME and Love My Tapes. And the paper clips are from Paper Studio.

And after I'd gotten all that laid out I realized it needed something else, so I carefully relocated the pieces and splattered some AC Mister Huey's and OA Sprinkers around the open area and then put it all back together.

1 comment:

  1. The background here is definitely an eye catcher. The splattered paint must have just hit the right note on the finish. Your mom was right, this is a funny moment that just needed to be caught on film (or digital pixels I guess we're going to have to start saying). Slouching is the appropriate pose when on the floor with the littles playing around. I didn't notice til you said something! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...