Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Practical Scrappers - 10 Things Tuesday - Stars

In my household the topic of stars comes up a lot. And by a lot I mean a few dozen times a day, part of it is that Vance is totally into outerspace stuffs thanks to Buzz Lightyear. But even more than that, David is getting his phD in...wait for it... astrophysics. Yep, we talk about stars a lot so when Practical Scrappers decided to highlight 10 things to do with stars I was super excited! I need some ideas too!

For my project I went origami. Most of the stars that I played around with were very 3D so I finally settled on this background star that reminded me of stars that quilters use. The grey pointed thing coming from behind the photo is also an origami star. I squashed it sideways a bit so that it would lay more or less flat on the page - it was supposed to be a five-pointed star and folding it over the way I did it needs another point. ;)


"Twinkle Twinkle" is seriously the most sung nursery rhyme in our household - Vance sings it pretty much all the time, well, anytime he's not playing his imaginary trumpet (thanks for that Little Einsteins!). 

For this layout I used:
Papers: Authentique Glory, Blissful. American Crafts Chap. MME Ooh La La.
Washi: MME 
Alphas: Authentique, American Crafts Thickers
Other: sewing machine. black thread. Studio G glitter glue

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful layout. Love the star look with the strips of paper and great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the paper strips making the larger star with the smaller origami star too. The colors go together as well. Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...