Friday, May 11, 2012

Procrastination

A couple of years ago my mom and I happened upon a LSS while we were out running errands. It happened to be National Scrapbooking Day, and since then we've managed to scrap together on that holiday. This year my family had stuff going on so we planned a rain date and we'll celebrate this weekend. While I was packing for the trip I got really distracted, the following is what happened - one project finalized and one start to finish. Procrastination? Yep, packing for crops at my mom's is always so hard!!

First up, the Paper Girls Challenge Blog's newest challenge (#7). This challenge was to follow a sketch by the fabulous Charity Becker. 
Best Buds
Having recently been part of a discussion about making your own dimensional stickers I set to work with the stickers and some fussy cut circles from Fancy Pants' Kraft Kuts. It really added a lot to this page! The only things not from Kraft Kuts were the mini alphas (Jenni Bowlin) and the brown cardstock, brads and cording (all stash). Shapes were inked to smooth out some rougher cutting using Color Box Chestnut Roan.

Then, I took the Scrapbooksteals.com MWM Turquoise 2 by Kristy Lee and started playing around with Amy Tangerine Sketchbook. I'm really liking this kit, can't you tell, and I thought the springy colored papers were perfect for a page about the Easter Eggstravaganza at my parent's church! 

Egg*cellent
Most of the strips are the barcode strips (I love when companies design on that part!). One brad is stash, but the rest of this is all Amy!

Guess I've procrastinated long enough - time to get that bag packed!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all the circles and arrows on "Best Buds". They are such a fun rendition of the sketch! Thanks for linking up at the PGCB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your page! I love how you used a star as your base layer too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...