Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Ten Things Tuesday - Tiny Things

Welcome back to another Ten Things Tuesday with Practical Scrappers. Today we wanted to highlight
tiny things. 

Now as tiny things go, bottle caps aren't teeny but sometimes fitting them into a layout can be a bit tricky.  I've had these sitting on my desk for months just screaming to go on a page. 



These caps aren't from the scrapbook aisle - I just used my Imaginesce D-stress to remove the branding and rough them up. I also used my Crop-o-dile to punch holes in the sides so I could run the twine through.

Then I went old school and used a hammer and screwdriver to punch a hole in the top to run some tiny brads through so the bottle caps would look "nailed" onto the page. 

Inspiration for this layout came from a group of my FB friends, Erin asked us to use something from the adage "old, new, borrowed, blue."

Old: Fancy Pants Rough & Tough and Kraft Kuts papers
New: the hospital wrist band is only a couple of months old
Borrowed: I reused all those bottle caps!
Blue: yep, there's a few things on here. ;)


2 comments:

  1. I think my favorite thing is that lovely green polka dotted washi tape. Great layout and wonderful journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Love it! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...