Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Glittered Vase for How To'sday

It's time for my second How To'sday post at Scrapbooksteals.com and I wanted to bring you something that could be an easy last minute Christmas decorating project but would also work for weddings or general home decor projects. Check it out! I even used loose glitter, something I almost never do!

Here's what you'll need for the project: Mod Podge, glitter, paint brush, removable tape (washi works), and a workspace to catch all the glitter.


You can see that I already taped up my vase with some washi in unequal bands around the glass. Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to spaces inside the bands. And dump that glitter onto it, tap off excess glitter and put excess back into jar. I did one section of the vase at a time. Check for places that may not have held the glitter well and do some spot touches. 



Allow the Mod Podge to dry for a little bit, but while it is still a little wet gently remove the washi strips. Allow to fully dry and then apply a second layer to seal in the glitter.


I filled the vase with an assortment of tree and floral picks, white poinsettias, and clear beads. 


Here's how wonderfully this vase matches my tree! I'm thinking that since the aqua is also in our bedroom that I'm going to have to replace the poinsettias and relocate it so I can enjoy it all year long.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...