Monday, December 2, 2013

Shaker Cards

One of my favorite things about being on design teams is that they push me to get outside my comfort zone and try new things. Today's challenge for Paper Girls Challenge Blog did just that, I had to learn how to make a confetti shaker.  

Uh, and it's soooo easy that I don't know why it took me so long to try! I loved the process so much that I used paper that my LSS provided (Fancy Pants Merry Little Christmas) and will be teaching a shaker class there this weekend using these cards as samples.  


Easy, but it did take a little experimenting, this first one is a little wobbly looking. I attempted to make a pocket out of plastic and then adhere the pocket to the frame. The result was eh, it might work with a larger frame but I moved on.


I liked the effect of this one much better! I essentially made a shadow box with clear plastic packaging (yay for upcycling!), foam tape on all sides, and paper.

Products used:
MME twine
Pink Paislee Luxe Stars and Rub-ons
Unity Stamp Co. Grandma's Closet sentiment
Teresa Collins sequins
MME Winter Wonderland chipboard stickers

3 comments:

  1. So adorable. I really like your card designs and I'm hoping for a highly successful class this weekend! Keep those challenges coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful shaker cards. Love the buttons you have used.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great cards - like that they are suitable for male or female! Very nice design and colours on both!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...