Monday, July 21, 2014

Old Photo Challenge

It's time for another Paper Girl's Challenge! This one could be a lot of fun for everyone - Kristy is challenging everyone to use old photos and is keeping the definition of "old" pretty flexible.

For my project I chose an "old" photo of Vance, and by old it's probably from around the time I had Rylan so only a few years but still old for me. I found it on my computer a few months ago - it had been David's computer and when my hard drive failed I acquired the "good" computer and he got a new computer and in the process I also got a bunch of new scrapbooking material.


The layout was sort of a trial run for some new goodies that I'd picked up and an attempt to duplicate some sequin shakers that Leslie made. I started by scraping some Viva Decor modeling cream over a Studio Calico stencil.

Then I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and applied Viva Decor 3D stamp paint over it (the "bliss" portion on the pink tag), the "love" and the large background on the yellow tag were both stamped with the same paint and once dry I misted over them and wiped the mists off the paint. 


The layout itself was sort of grown from there because I'd just been experimenting on the back of a package but like it so much that I smeared the excess ink around (and added more to cover the whole thing). The edges were "inked" with silver Inka Gold. 


 I especially love that while I used all sorts of new messy goodies I was also able to finish up a package of Pink Paislee Artisan mistable pieces that I touched with a bit of blue ink.

The wooden veneer circles are from Studio Calico and I just painted them with black acrylic and then mounted a shaker underneath.

The cork arrows are from American Crafts DIY Shop.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the layout- the mistable pieces are perfect. The gold chevrons are just wonderful- really adding a pop to the page. I also really like the "hazy" look to the photo. It definitely brought out the "age" of the photo despite how old it is in years. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...