Monday, July 7, 2014

Red Lantern

I hope everyone had a fantastic Independence Day, we spent the day playing around the house and after a brief stint at work I made it home in time to watch fireworks with the guys. All around a good day while enjoying some of our freedoms. 

I then spent the rest of the weekend putting this fun red lantern together for the Paper Girls Challenge Blog's newest challenge - Red, White, and Blue. We want to see what you can do with that theme, while I used traditionally patriotic colors I spun off and made a little bit of home decor. 


Here's a few close-ups of this one: 


I used Graphic 45 Fashionista papers, a wooden dowel, some popsicle sticks, Christmas wired ribbon (wires removed), Viva Decor Inka Gold and glitter pens, E6000, hot glue, gel medium and washi. 


Do you like that I included washi in my list? It's been my go to for temporary placement while designing projects. I don't know what I'd do without the stuff. 


The lantern itself was a $5 buy at Tuesday Morning, the glass pieces were missing but I knew immediately the general direction this piece was going to take. 


I used my Cameo to cut out all those flowers and leaves and a petal curler to give them some shape. The brad centers were from my stash. 

Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to link up your RW&B projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...