Monday, January 12, 2015

Pop party banner and layout

I'm up today on the Scrapbooksteals blog with the Monday Craft Madness inspiration. It's been a long time since I blogged for anyone but myself and it was so.much.fun.

Melodee, buyer extraordinaire, sent me Kaisercraft's Pop Collection. Naturally, when presented with party themed paper I had to start out by making a party banner. 


I wanted to make sure I was including as many of these fun, colorful prints as I could so I busted out my Hazel & Ruby masks and used them as stencils and fussy cut out the shapes. 


Once all the pieces were cut, I realized that I had a lot of color going on so I pulled paper from a dictionary that's long been beat up and unused (other than for craft projects like this) and cut triangles to neutralize the color a bit. 


It was still a bit more pattern and color than I could handle so I "inked" all the edges with blue and red Viva Inka Gold and then glued it all down. 


I also pulled out black and silver Viva Decor 3D stamp paint, painted them on and then misted them a bit so that the colors would meld and blend nicely. It also helps make them a little extra sparkly. I like that in some areas they have lots of sparkle but you can see touches of the colored shapes.


Add in some wide eyelets, twine, and Teresa Collins enamel dots and these banners were done. It only took me an evening (and most of that time was also spent watching a movie with the family).


I had hardly touched the stickers and only about half of the papers so I decided that I should also do a layout. 
 

I started by cutting up some of the paper into triangles and just layering them together. Double sided paper makes that awesome - even more prints to use!


A close-up or two will show you that I also layered up some of the stickers to give them depth, and went on to add Glossy Accents to them. 


I sort of went to town on Stickles too. I wanted to create a lot of texture and dimension without making my page very thick and I find that glitter is really good for that.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope that you are inspired to do a little celebrating of your own.

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous banner, Jessica!! Love the mixed media you added to the fun products!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute banner! I would have never thought to add black paint, but it really makes it pop- love it! And I'm loving the layout, too. The angular layers are eye-catching and creative perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust you to layer it up! This banner is so cute and the layout makes such a neat addition. Also glad to see you out and about on the internet craftiness. I hope that means some of your crazy busy is better.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...