Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I'm Walking On Sunshine

I do a lot of quoting at work. One liner references of songs and movies, normally with the intention of getting my coworkers to retort in kind or to burst into song. Because some lines all but require to be finished in song. 

For this layout I sort of did the same thing with the title/photos. I went from  concepts of walking and song to bursting into song and couldn't stop myself from including it as a dominant element on the spread by mixing Thickers styles. 


Here's a close-up of the left side layout:


And the right:


This layout has so much delicious texture in real life. The background was created with Dylusions mists and Ranger Crackle Paint. And then I threw on some old embellishments, twine and brads (both MME, I think), flowers (also misted with Dylusions) from Petaloo, Grungeboard, and Teresa Collins border strips. 

I wish I'd taken some process photos of that background, it went through some really weird phases while it dried. 

These photos are from two falls ago, I still need to print the ones I took of them last year. It's crazy to think fall is just around the corner again...

2 comments:

  1. It is oh so good to be seeing those boys again even if we're a few years behind. I really like the splash of teal on that fabulously textured background. It is almost fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! gorgeous layout!! LOVE the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...