Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Birthday Project Challenge

I've been spending a lot of money lately. A lot. Like I actually needed spring clothing (in February because it was so hot already!), the boys needed clothing, three trips to Grandma's in just over a month, and all those scrappy supplies I've been picking up. Ugh. Excessive.

So now I'm reissuing my Project Challenge - I'm going to complete 50 projects this time before buying any new supplies other than adhesive. I do have a gift card and some outstanding packages I'm waiting on and those won't count as falling off the wagon.
When counting projects:
  • Page = 1
  • Card = 0.5
  • Mini Album = 10
As part of my Birthday Project Challenge I'm also incorporating a Random Act of Kindness Clause.

  • I started this part at the beginning of the month by paying for the customer behind me in line.
  • Brought a whole bunch of Gluten Free stuff to mom's on each trip up there (how in the world this tiny town gets better GF stuff than her major metro area has I'll never understand). 
  • The boys and I have been grabbing a shopping cart from one of the corrals and using it. While we do redeposit it into the corral, maybe we'll keep that cart boy from having to work quite as hard!
  • And then yesterday by giving a nice thank you card to our mail carrier. The pound of coffee I included was probably over the top, but considering
    •  I'm a barista so it was free 
    • We haven't done anything for him in, well, ever, I think it's okay. 

My idea for this Clause is that it should balance out my spending, sort of. Now based on what I just explained has been my spending, I have a lot of good karma to throw out there! Watch out for stories of what else we're doing during this Challenge.

So here's the first page I created as part of the challenge - I used MME Follow Your Heart again. Love that stuff! I'm almost done with all of the kit I bought from scrapbooksteals.com but this will be a line I buy again, just not anytime soon. *smile*
MME Follow Your Heart
Color Box Pumpkin Spice

One good thing about having to stay home with an upset tummy is that I still feel good enough to craft. I busted out some cards that I made from a BoBunny kit (because I made all of them based on the provided sketches we'll count them as one project).

I also finished up my MCM for the week. 

MME Follow Your Heart
Color Box Charcoal
Stamp from stash

50 Project Challenge 
Done: 2.5



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...