Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Happy Birthday Scientist!

The Scientist and I share a birth month, his day is 7 after mine and because of that I'm just under 7 years younger than him. For his birthday (today) I made this dino card using Imaginese Dino Roar and the Scrapbooksteals.com MCM 80 sketch by Kristy Lee.

Someday I should really stop picking on him about that age difference, but this was just so.much.fun!

Imaginese Dino Roar - paper, rub ons, pop-up embellishments
EK Success Punch
Xyron
WRMK Sew Stamper

The card also gave me a chance to try out one of my last purchases before starting my Project Challenge - We are Memory Keepers Sew Easy Stampers. I have to say these things are super cool. I love the look of stitching on my pages and already owned the Sew Easy, but the stamp is just such a different look that I'm glad I went ahead and got it too! WRMK was sure onto something when they made these little guys. One thing I learned in the process was that those shiny spots on some papers that give such great texture do not hold the stamp ink well. Please notice the smudges, some of those happened on accident which caused me to go in and add some on purpose!

As part of my birth month Random Acts of Kindness challenge I cleared through my scrapbook stash and came up with a decent sized pile of stuff to donate - and then called one of our friends who is an Education grad student and asked her if she could use the stuff. A lot of it is leftovers from my early days of scrapping - and boy has my style changed! Because of those changes I'd rather let her use it with the students/or let other teachers use in their albums than continue to just sit in my stash (unused for well over a year).

The pile looks decent enough on the table, but looking at the storage area makes me wonder if there's more I should purge. Nothing like a good spring cleaning, right?

Project Challenge
Done: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...