Thursday, April 12, 2012

MWM - Amethyst 8 plus one other project

After the last two weeks and feeling like the sketches were made for my pictures I'm sort of disappointed. Don't get me wrong - Kristy Lee's interpretation of the Authentique April sketch was breathtaking - I just don't like how my completed page turned out.

In reality, it doesn't look bad. It just isn't speaking to me this week.

Here's the original sketch:
Amethyst 8


And here's my version:
MME Follow Your Heart papers, twine and chipboard stickers
AC Amy Tangerine Thickers - Hello
Color Box - charcoal
Helmar Zapdots, Xyron 1.5 X

This morning I woke up before the kids, and since I was feeling ever so slightly better (but still badly enough to have to stay home from work) I did a little crafty goodness. I bought this canvas from Target. I'd been eyeing it for months, but refused to pay full price. Well, as luck would have it I found it on clearance last week. $10 for an already painted canvas isn't bad since it saved me a certain amount of effort and I loved the colors!
Papers from scraps
Prima flowers

After I hung it I took a stretchy hair band (the kind for your whole head that I can't wear because they slide off) and stretched it around the top of the canvas, then clipped all of my flowers for hair/lapels. You know the big flowers I'm talking about! It looks pretty cute, but I'll need another solution for them if I add any more flowers. Thinking about drilling small holes into the bottom and running ribbon through for them to hang from.



50 Project Challenge 
Done: 5


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...