Sunday, April 1, 2012

spring break round up

Every spring break for the last 5 (?) years The Scientist has helped our church's youth group raise money for missions by driving vans of teens with bicycles along the state's cross-state trail system. It's a three day adventure for them. Since having Squirrel I've been using that time to visit my mom's house. Extra help with kiddo (now kiddos) and fewer chores for  a few days means that I get to have more of scrappy time! LOVE that.

So while my hubby gets all hot and sweaty actually riding a bike this year I'll hopefully be posting a crazy number of pictures of my scrapbooking and card making adventure!

Day 1: after getting back from the zoo I completed the Scrapbooksteals.com MWM sketch by Kristy Lee Amethyst 6.

This page almost put itself together - I had a series of pictures laid out by color scheme and started looking through some of the paper kits I'd bought in the last several months and fell in love with Fancy Pants Rough and Tough with these pics of Squirrel and Squishy splashing in the rain. And while I know that chevrons are all the rage I generally don't like them, but these ones? They're totally lightning bolts! Again, these pictures, the sketch and the papers were made for each other.


Fancy Pants Rough and Tough

Then upon waking up on day 2 I made this card with scraps from yesterday's adventure. Those Jenny Bowlin alphas were a fab extra touch but I personally think that my newest toy is what really made this page - check out those eyelets and twine. Yep, I finally got a Crop-o-dile. YAY!

Fancy Pants Rough and Tough
WRMK Sew Easy Navy Twine
Jenny Bowlin Mini Alphas
Color Box Olive
Martha Stewart airplane stamp

Well, by the time I'd finished working on that card (because the boys were up), suddenly Squishy was in desperate need of a nap - so our out of the house adventure was put on hold and I decided to work on another page.

I really wanted these two pictures because they tell the story without any journaling needed. Clearly Squishy is enjoying finger painting! So I pulled up last week's Amethyst MWM #5 and did another interpretation of it. I'm pretty excited about how it turned out. 

Fancy Pants Rough and Tough
7gypsies Green/Blue Brads and photo turn
WRMK Sew Easy Yellow Twine

When he woke up it was off to a hands-on learning museum = lots of future layouts from that adventure and then to help my parents get ready for an Easter egg hunt/carnival their church was hosting the next day. 

When we got done with the egg hunt (again= more pictures= more pages) mom and I quickly set up shop on the dining room table and went to work paper crafting. We made 40 Thank You cards for her volunteers (forgot to take pictures) during which I taught her how to heat emboss and how to set eyelets.

 I also made another two pages and two more cards before we called it quits and packed up so I could leave town after church. I went all out on my own for these two page layouts - no sketch?! Eek. I really need to start designing my own pages again, I've gotten to used to using sketches as a crutch!

Fancy Pants Rough and Tough
Paper Studio Button brad
7gypsies red brads
Pebbles chalks
AC Thickers Amy Tangerine Hello
Fancy Pants Rough and Tough
7gypsies red brads
Pebbles chalks

This card was based on the Scrapbooksteals.com MCM 77 - just one of several fantastic sketches by Teri Anderson. 


Made from an assortment of scraps that pre-date me
 keeping track of what brands I was buying. I do know the base is MME.
And this card I just created from some more scraps. The paper with gears (BG Oliver) was the unused side from using my Kiwi Lane Design templates on another project but other than that I just inked up some of the paper and glued it all down "as is" - finding stuff to coordinate with the base card stock took longer than assembling the card but it's still pretty cute.

MME Lost and Found Union Square
Basic Grey Oliver
Fancy Pants
KI stamp
Whew what a week this has been! I though Spring Break was supposed to be a "break"?!

Squirrel and I made this during the Egg Hunt. He's so crafty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...