Friday, April 20, 2012

Sketch challenges and then it's "time" for the weekend!

The first sketch that I worked on this week was a Kristy Lee for this week's MWM, Amethyst 9. What a lot of pictures that sketch has - 11! A great event sketch since you can really cram them in.

Amethyst 9

I used LilyBee Christmas Town for this one about the boys at Christmas at my parents house. The snowflake swoosh is a cut from the Silhouette store. I chalked the edges with Pebbles chalks. Ribbons are stash.
"Christmas Traditions"
Really liking the sketch, I decided to do another page about Squishy at the park using MME Follow Your Heart. I just need to say that the kit I bought from Scrapbooksteals was totally worth my money - I've done several pages, a couple of cards and still have two sheets of paper and tons of embellishments left. That's part of why I love SS!

MME Follow Your Heart papers and embellishments
MME Pretty Please
Pebbles chalk

Anyway, having completed that sketch I wandered back over to MME's blog to see if they'd posted their new bi-weekly challenge. Success! They'd posted a card and page sketch.

MME April Page Sketch
MME April Card Sketch
These are my interpretations of those sketches. For the page I used MME Pretty Please, Abbey Road, Follow Your Heart, and Lost and Found papers. The embellishments are MME Abbey Road. Inked with Color Box Olive. Adhered with Xyron.
"when dinosaurs roamed the earth"

 For the card, I turned it horizontally. The base of the card is a MME Abbey Road die cut page (scrap from doing the above page). The embellishments are also Abbey Road precut die cuts and some fussy cutting. Inked and stamped with ColorBox Olive and Charcoal. Ribbon is MME Lush. Rhinestones are from Imaginese. Stamp is KI Memories.
Happy Birthday Tough Guy Card

Well, the Friday workday is over. Guess it's "time" to go, but first an altered art project. See that boring clock in the top right corner? That's what the clock looked like to start, I used Photoshop to add it to this image of my fancy new clock! The base paper is Authentique Uncommon. The hands and center of the clock are Target Washi Tape (they call it printed tape and it's with the stationery) and the numbers are stamped and heat embossed with Black Metallic Zing! The blue glitter is from Crayola. 

Have a great weekend!
50 Project Challenge
Done: 15

1 comment:

  1. Love all the green! Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...