Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Baby Book . Done!

I'm so excited to have finished that baby book mini. On one hand, rewarding crafty experience. On the other hand, making a book for another mama is extremely stressful. What to include, what not to include? Personal style? But it's D-O-N-E.

So here are the last pages and extra touches that I've made to it.

For the cover I bought one of the SmashBook rubber bands. This baby is already thick and by the time the mama starts filling it up with photos and notes the band should come in handy. Until then, it's just a cool touch. ;)

LOVE the tone on tone background of this one. Both layers are the same paper, I cut a guitar background out on my Silhouette Cameo (and ruined a mat in the process, don't ask I'm still annoyed at myself). Then I used Scotch QuickDry to seal it down and layered everything on top. Shhhhh, I somehow lost one of the calendar pieces, she won't be able to record January quite the same as anything else. ;)


Close up of my way cool background and the Girl's Paperie Toil and Trouble medallion thing.


The final two months in the book. I confess that I was a little bored and out of ideas by this point because March doesn't have much going on. I did make a sort of in-the-mini-mini on April though, each of those little scallops is a flap so lots of documenting can happen for baby's 1 year/12 month stuff.


The endsheets (otherwise known as the last page and the inside of the back cover). Fairly simple from a decorative standpoint, but from a "I'm pretty cool in my own mind" standpoint this page ROCKS. I made a little folder so that the mama can tuck in random bits that won't fit on the monthly pages - ziplocs with locks of hair, footprint from hospital, etc.


It opens fairly large, hence wanting the rubber band!





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful book. Love what you did!
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love done! :-) I love what you did here. Awesome, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This turned out awesome! I love it! Great job1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The entire thing is a work of art. I can totally relate to running out of steam and the concern with what to include. I've made my share of these as gifts. Yet, to those of us from the outside, every page is stand-alone, fabulous. I'm sure the mama is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out totally AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...