Friday, April 5, 2013

Scrap Your Story - Spring

At Scrap Your Story this week we're challenging you to embrace spring. We want to see your flowers, spring color, spring pics, Easter, whatever makes you think "spring."

I pulled out some photos from March 2012 - we went on a road trip with friends the weekend before Spring Break and their college-aged daughter took these photos while we were enjoying unseasonably warm weather.

When I started playing around with the page it sort of morphed from my original idea and I realized I'd scraplifted myself. But as much as I liked that layout, I LOVE the way this one turned out.  


I created a mask using a shape from the Silhouette Studio software.
I used October Afternoon Sprinklers and American Crafts Mister Huey's. 
Patterned papers are Pink Paislee's Prairie Hill, plus a few Glitz Designs and Echo ParkScraps.
Grey Cardstock is American Crafts.
Embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.
Embellishments include: Prima flowers, Girl's Paperie brads, Glitz Designs dimensional stickers, My Mind's Eye stickers and twine, WRMK eyelets and twine.
Machine stitching and lots of inking with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.



5 comments:

  1. I am TOTALLY diggin' those chevrons!!!! AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica this is such a cool layout. I agree with Christy I love the chevrons. The papers are such lovely colours and the photos are just too cute. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I love those chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally loving this layout... everything about it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scraplifted yourself, ha! It took a couple of looks, but I get it! I think this one rocks too. Maybe it's the color scheme- just a little more vibrant. Maybe it's that baby boy with such a bright smile! Great layout.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...