Friday, April 12, 2013

Scrap Your Story - sketch

You know how I love a good sketch, so let me tell you how excited I was when the rotation at Scrap Your Story brought us back to "sketch." Sweet. 

Remember our challenge schedule is: 
Week 1: Use it
Week 2: Theme
Week 3: Sketch (yay!)
Week 4: Technique


Here's our sketch this week:

And my interpretation:


The boys call rolling up in blankets "being a burrito" hence the title. 

The background was created with a few techniques. First I painted on watered-down gesso, when it was almost dry I flicked on some October Afternoon Sprinklers which bled nicely with just a little help. Once it was dry I adhered the scalloped trim that I'd had left in my scraps (from a 12x12 WRMK die cut paper). I'd glued it at 12x12, so I crumbled up the edge of the painted cardstock to show the scallops in the back. 

The circles and banners were also made from WRMK Hall Pass. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the circles in a variety of sizes. Behind the smaller photo is a piece of Amy Tangerine paper. The brads are 7Gypsies. Alphas are October Afternoon and Jenni Bowlin. All stitching was done on my sewing machine. The dream bubble was done with Ranger Enamel Accents in white and black. 

So now that you're nice and inspired, I hope you take the weekend and play along with us! And don't forget to link up. I can't wait to see what you all make. 


3 comments:

  1. The distressing on this is just FAB!! Adorable photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressing and the photos... burrito boys :D such fun. Really love the journalling on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing, from burrito boys to distressing backgrounds to journaling banners, this is a lovely layout with much detail. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...