Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beautiful wall hanging

Not one who deals with last minute, under the wire, pull it out of my tush sort of stress very well I will confess to having packed my crafty supplies for the Scrapbooksteals Retreat/crop four days early. Four. Now, what in the world was I thinking?  I found myself without the ability to simply adhere two pieces of paper for something as basic as a card. Oops. 


I quickly realized that I could still craft, as long as I was willing to get a bit messy. So I set my mixed media skills to work on this little wooden plaque that I'd picked up at the thrift store. 


It was a lot of fun to make, some of the products I used include gesso, Creative Inspirations paint pots, plastic packaging, scraps of paper, fine point PITT pens, Maya Road banners, Recollections flower, MME wood veneer butterfly and gems, cheap acrylic craft paint, TCW stencils, modeling paste, Unity Stamp Co. Donna Downey stamp. 




4 comments:

  1. So relating to the whole pack early so you don't forget anything ending in a solid "how can I have forgotten that?!". I'm having my own panic about our Scrap All Day next month and it's three weeks away.

    Talk about making lemonade with your lemons! This work of art is beautiful and something you'll love hanging on the wall for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I super love it, but I think I might save it as a gift. Christmas is coming after all.

      Lemonade sounds delightful right now. ;) I should have taken before and after pics of how much I brought versus how much I knew I'd ordered and had waiting and the goodies I got. Bringing home so much more stuff, but there are some treasures in here and I have some fun projects done that I'll be posting in the next several weeks!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card. The distressed look is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...