Tuesday, September 24, 2013

upcycled canvas



This week on 10 Things Tuesday at Practical Scrappers it is all about doilies. You'll find them used in so many really fun ways, but most of them are little crafted/paper doilies so I went a bit less conventional and used a doily I'd picked up at the thrift store to accent this canvas I was upcycling.


The base of the canvas was painted with a white wash, then I layered some paper scraps over it with a strip of washi covering the seam. Then I sewed the kraft paper to the doily and adhered them to the canvas. Finally, I wrote out the sentiment with assorted alphas and embellished it with some yummy flowers and jewels. 

I love having this hang where I can pass it several times a day!

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely canvas. The doily quickly adds so much dimension and texture to the piece. It creates such a lovely frame. Great project!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...