Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Use that stash!

I'm talking to myself with this one. I have so many scraps and leftover stickers that it's a constant challenge to use them before digging into those shiny plastic wrappers that encase new goodies. 

But this card for Use It Tuesday is all that! It's old stickers, unused tools, and scrap madness with everything being 1-3 years old. This challenge we're asking you to bust into your stash and use at least 2 hoarded items (and don't forget to tell us what they are, we love drooling over old products). 


I had a bit of trouble capturing this card, the variation in color in the embroidery floss in particular. The reds are much more vibrant in person. 

But check this out, the flower sticker is from a BasicGrey kit that I discovered on clearance when I discovered designer papers, which means it's over 3 years old. And that WRMK sewing head has never been used in the year plus that I've owned it, and I bought the floss at the same time. Those scraps have been around for a while, most of the paper's a year or so old. I love that if you do it right "old" products can have a fresh feel. 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! Using that stash. Great card- mixin' the patterned paper. Keep it up. Even though I may not be able to play along, you are inspiring stash use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh- I could play along. I went in to finish a post and found that I really did use the stash on one of the layouts... see- you are inspiring! I just love to join the fun. Thanks for pointing it out to me!

      Delete
    2. You crack me up! I'll be looking for your post...

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...