Monday, March 31, 2014

Splashground

When Dala, the owner of my LSS, asked me to use these papers from Reminisce for a class project I sort of cringed. While I liked the ombre and the chevron the colors were so big and bright that I felt unprepared for the task. To tone down the patterns I added in a piece of Tim Holtz/Coordinations Crackle Cardstock and set to work using a Page Maps sketch as my starting point. 


To complement the papers I wanted photos that were fairly simple but still summer bright, these ones of Vance playing at a nearby Splashground were perfect since they had action without being overly busy.


You'll see that I flipped over some of the black cardstock to lend another color to the palate and break up some of that busy color/pattern a bit more. I also misted some Studio Calico shapes with Mister Huey sprays as an easy and simple embellishment. 


The journaling was done on the back of that black cardstock and I drew on the faux stitching. All-together, this layout took me less than an hour to put together and will do nicely for a class about using pattern papers and sketches to make quick layouts. 


Page Maps sketch, page 80. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...