Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Egg Hunt

Dala and I had a crazy plan a few weeks before National Scrapbook Day, I would create a few easy layouts that we would pre-cut and kit up and have stations in the store for participants to put together in a snap. So I took home a pile of random loose papers that had haunted the store for a while and set to work. Because of the nature of the papers chosen (ones that had multiples that she wanted to clear through) I know brands but not paper names or lines, sorry guys.


And check out my way fun usage of my pony beads/enamel dots. I sort of thought they were perfect with the plasticity of the eggs. 


A little twine looping and curling never hurt either. Though I'd love to figure out an easy way to give directions for that one!

I don't know if this is normal or not, but my students on NSD thought it was unusual to incorporate the transparency into the bottom layers and have photos on top like I've done. What can I say? I like to make them think outside the box. ;)


Supplies:
Jenni Bowlin green, yellow, and birds papers
Fancy Pants transparency
White cardstock, stash
Heidi Swap mistable tags
Faber Castell gelatoes
Blue pigment ink
WRMK twine
Glossy Accents
Pony Beads
Page Maps sketch

2 comments:

  1. I can hear the success in your teaching style, just from your words describing how it is going. Congratulations! I think the layout is just right- those pony beads do mix with the eggs well. Thinking outside the box will serve your students well- maybe they won't collect supplies, but use them instead. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute layout, adorable pictures. LOVE what you did with the twine!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...