Monday, May 19, 2014

Such a Silly

Mixed media is a major focus at my local scrapbook store and some of the ladies who've gotten into the techniques are wanting ways to incorporate them into their layouts. We've done a few other themes, but this one is using masks to create the title. 


For the background I paintedFaber-Castell gelatoes through a Prima stencil and let it dry. Then I adhered my Hazel & Ruby alphabet masks and placed a The Crafter's Workshop stencil over the letters. I smeared modeling paste over the stencil/masks and let it dry, then dripped a whole bunch of green Studio Calico mist over the title block. I used modeling paste and the same green on the corrugated cardstock on the left side of the page. 

In the bottom right, I built up layers of embellishments to highlight the silly photo of Vance when he was two. 




1 comment:

  1. Corrugated cardstock- wow! I really like the colors you've put together. They make the photo pop. Nice layout! I'm sure the ladies are lovin' the techniques.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...