Saturday, June 21, 2014

Here Comes Santa Claus!

Ah, I know it's only June but I've been busy getting ready for the Christmas in July events at Soul Sentiments. This fun Kaisercraft wall hanging will be one of the classes we'll offer - it uses a mix of BasicGrey 25th and Pine papers/stickers and Viva paints. 


Last week we hosted Jen Starr at the store and she taught several classes using the Viva line of products. I fell in love and bought so much stuff so I could incorporate them into a class ASAP.  


The stars were done with Viva Glitter Paste (uh, what's not to love about something as solid as modeling paste with all the fun of glitter?!). 


The accents on the tree and gifts were done with the Viva Glitter and Pearl Pens - the way they shimmer in real life is so pretty compared to regular glitter glues (probably because Viva uses glass glitter). I think they're a bit easier to control than some of the other brands too, just my two cents. 


I used two colors of Viva 3D Stamping Paint (don't ask, it goes on more like an acrylic but can dry with a bit of dimension) over the frame (which I'd prepped with a layer of green mist). The shimmer and shine in that stuff is so much fun, and then to top it off with two shades of Inka Gold! Fun!


I may have gotten a little excited about the Inka Gold and used it on the edges of everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...