Friday, June 13, 2014

Using paper outside the theme


There are few things I like more to do with my scrapbook paper than to take a beautiful themed line and throw the theme out the window and use the papers for something outside the box. The BasicGrey line Mon Ami worked perfectly with these Halloween photos I've been holding onto for months! Granted that's because my boys are dressed in very summery types of colors but doesn't it just work?!


You ready for some close-ups?

The left page: 

The right page: 


This photo is from the left page, I ran my WRMK Sew Easy around the circle several times and then used the reverse side of the circle so I'd get the pregnant chads (thank you election coverage for teaching me that valuable description!). 

Some of the layering on the right side of the spread. 


The small cluster grouping on the far right bottom. Staples were my friend on this layout, what can I say? And what about that Fancy Pants cork arrow, I love it!


The black stamping here was done with some shapes from the Silhouette store and Silhouette stamping material, black pigment ink, and black embossing powder. 


And another of layering, this is from the far left.


Other products not mentioned: 
  • cork stars from my scrappy friend Denise
  • Studio Calico wood veneers
  • embroidery floss

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Love how you inspire us to look at our stashes differently. It may not seem like it in what I post, but you've forever changed me, Jessica. I don't look at paper the same way any more. Thank you! Great job, though your subjects were a fine centerpiece for these layouts.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...