Monday, November 4, 2013

Birthday Mini Album

At the Paper Girls Challenge this month we're starting with a cutting challenge, "Cut It Out." You can die cut manually, electronically, fussy cut, it just needs to have some serious cutting. 

For my project I used some paper, October Afternoon Cakewalk, that my local store wanted me to use for making samples and whipped up this little birthday mini book. You'll find that I did lots of fussy cutting, and I even used my one little wafer thin die! No electronic die cutting this time, I worked on this one while my computer was dead. 


I used a lot of Imaginesce iRock gemstones in this book to lend a little bling and texture sans glitter. I picked up the album at the fall LSS stash sale, I don't know what brand it is but I have three of them now. 


The first page has the QuickKutz die cut out, the piece of scalloped lined paper. The die is meant as a journaling block and it certainly would work as one in this situation! I love creating mini books and pockets in my mini albums, so here's some of the close ups of this one.






This spread just has a little pocket with a couple extra spots for photos on each side of the cards.



For this next one I split up the shaped mini album pages by inserting some scraps of paper between. The scraps have eyelets to reinforce them, and most of the scraps have stickers as tabs to add interest.





Another page with a pocket. No big deal. 



And finally, the back cover.




Thanks for stopping by and for making it all the way to the end!

2 comments:

  1. I've bookmarked the page. This is a fabulous book and all the page layouts are true inspiration. Love the papers and all the embellishments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This album has so many interactive pages, love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...