Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Soul Sentiments DT Post: 2014 Calendar

I'm sooooo incredibly excited about my project this month! I made an entire calendar using Bo Bunny The Avenues paired up with calendar pages from Graphic 45 Place in Time. Given how photo heavy this one is you might wanna grab a cup o'joe and settle in for a spell. This one will be a class on November 9! 

We did the cover last so it is a little light on decoration, but given that you rarely look at the cover I'm A-Ok with that. I got to play around with the store's WRMK Cinch for the binding and have rediscovered how much I *need* one of those! We used a WRMK coil to bind it too, so easy.

January - in addition to the papers from the kit I added some MME washi, buttons, feathers, and a Fancy Pants cork arrow.



February - there's modeling paste (masked the waste from a sticker used on January), misted, and added MME twine, and another La Di Dah button.




March - gotta love these sequins! This one is mostly kit, though there's more MME twine here in addition to those stash sequins. 




April - do you see the rain clouds? I had a little to much fun with my mists on this page, and the sequins made a comeback.



May is probably my favorite layout of the bunch! In addition to the papers I've added Imaginesce flowers (remember that big jar of pink flowers?! I still have tons even with sharing with the class), MME Indie Chic Nutmeg banner and Miss Caroline twine, more Fancy Pants arrows, and clothespins that I've had so long I can't tell you the manufacturer.





June - I got super girly on this one but love how simple it is! Just some extra ribbon and dollar bin roses. Those roses made this one thick page, oops.




July - after June's thickness and May's layers July is almost to thin and simple but I love the contrast. I used Prima Flowers stamp, some Love My Tapes and WRMK washi, and a couple of gems.


 



August - it's getting fussier again with Paper Studios burlap ribbon, some G45 Staples flowers (I think the brads in the centers are 7Gypsies) and a touch of misting in the corner.




September - I love buying office/school supplies and while I've downplayed all the holidays I've tried some sort of subtle tie in and here it's the paper clips from Paper Studios. There's also washi from Love My Tapes and MME, and more of that MME Miss Caroline twine.




October - the background webbing is made with tracing paper adhered with Mod Podge. The black web was attempted as a mask with modeling paste and I simply turned it over and used the other side when that didn't work, I liked the bits of paste that had transferred to the edges. A little mist and some black gems (fingernail polish painted since I didn't have enough black) and it's done.




November - seriously took forever! I love my little wreath though, who knows where all that cardstock came from, a lot of my cardstock is either Paper Studios or American Crafts. The other extras here are the stamp from Tim Holtz and the gems.




December - this is the page that started it all, I had the idea for it while laying out which papers would be assigned to which month. The door opens to a hidden photo! I stamped a Tim Holtz Christmas bough and flourish onto tissue and adhered with Mod Podge. The banner stamps and the ornaments at the top are also on tissue and are from Unity Stamp Co and the red brad is from Basic Grey.





Wow! Still here?! Thanks for making it through. Now tell me, which page was your favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is one lovely calendar. I think October is my favorite, but May and November tie for second! You're right- that black web is a happy accident, but seriously, that tracing paper web is standout! I'm coming back again to spend a little more time when I have a few minutes. You are really rockin' it, teacher!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...