Thursday, October 4, 2012

Back to back weekends at the Magic House

My parents have paid for a season pass to the Magic House (children's museum) for over a year now. I have  many pictures of the place, but while watching my boys exploring and getting exciting about each new discovery they make (and at least one happens every trip!) I just can't help but pull out my camera all over again.

So this spring we ended up at the museum twice in two weeks - once for a relatively normal weekend at my mom's and then the next because my out of state sister announced that she'd be in the area and we drove back.


That equals lots of pictures, though normally I wouldn't have printed as many as I did. The printer bug must have got me. I ended up with way more than I'd normally put into their scrapbooks for the same event in two weeks. Even if some of the pictures do have their cousins in them! 

Now my mom on the other hand? Never, or very rarely prints pictures. And even more rarely does she scrapbook, time has made her into more of a card maker (though it's really her fault that this is my hobby). I decided to share some of those excess pics in the form of a mini album, but she's gonna have to do the journaling about her grandbabies.


The front and back cover chipboard pages are from MME, leftover from another mini album. Almost all the paper is Amy Tangerine and Amy Tangerine Sketchbook. There are some assorted pieces from American Crafts Chap and a variety of Thickers. The ribbons are a big mess of stash, MME, and Pebbles - basically all the oldish scraps that matched. The mini alphas on the front cover are from October Afternoon (blue) and Glitz (pink)

 

The interior pages are banner shapes that I cut out of thin cardboard (the cover from paper packs, though cereal boxes would work too) using my Silhouette Cameo. This spread has lots of room for journaling and in the pocket on the right there's a bunch of pictures matted to paper and held together with eyelets and twine.

 

No picture fun here, but lots of color and one of very few photos of all the boys together. There is a hidden journaling spot under the solo picture on the left side. I also had fun adding a little bit of misting/splatter here.

 

This spread has more hidden pictures. The left side has one picture matted on the front side of the booklet. The right side has two extra layers of the cereal box curved to the edge in descending size, paper covering both sides of each piece. I punched holes through each layer and tied together with ribbon and glued the bottom layer of paper. When the page is flat photos are just offset of each other.

 

 Left side here is really basic again, with the right side featuring several pictures that can be seen by rotating them on the brad.

 

By the time I got to this spread I was nearly out of photos so I didn't have to make any hidden pockets or anything. Just lots of scrappy fun.


Love this back cover! Though I do need to come up with a solution for keeping the Thickers safely adhered. I'm worried they'll get bumped around and scraped off. Any tips?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...