Monday, October 29, 2012

Two weeks worth of Mid Week Mojos

Mid Week Mojo at Scrapbooksteals.com is seriously one of my favorite moments in the week! I have enjoyed the variety of sketches that Kristy Lee and her team of guest sketchers, designers and the recently formed design team have created. I love the weekly challenges so much that I even took products with me on vacation so I could keep up! Interestingly enough, I joined them for their second annual scrapbooking retreat and came back and didn't touch my papers, other than to put them away, for nearly two weeks. 

Alas, change is on it's way. The first page you see is my interpretation of the last sketch that Kristy Lee did for the company before moving on to other scrappy digs. She has been a huge source of inspiration for me and her blog posts and sketches will be missed. 


Both the circle background and the wheel were cuts from the Silhouette Store. The papers and stickers are all Echo Park This and That (maybe some of the new For The Record Documented too). I added the eyelets to the tags and then threaded them with solid brown WRMK floss.

This second page was a sketch by one of the Steals.com staff members. At first I looked at her page and thought that it was so not me, but I plunged ahead and ended up really liking the way it turned out even if it was a deviation from my normal style.


The Echo Park papers were still out so I used them again on this one. I'm almost out of the This & That papers that I bought a while back, but like that I was able to use up lots of the stickers on these two pages. Why is it that I always forget to use those stickers sheets until the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...