Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pages I completed at the Scrapbooksteals.com Retreat

I'm warning you now, this one's a little photo heavier than I typically post, but I was pretty excited about the amount of work I completed at the Scrapbooksteals.com Retreat and wanted to share it all with you. This is what I did in addition to the planned out projects that the manufacturers brought in for us. 

Using Authentique Glowing, another vacation photo page. Light on the journaling because I knew I had lots of other photos and wanted to make certain I didn't overlap content to much.


This one uses MME Kraft Funday. Alas, kraft and I aren't besties. I really like the way this one turned out in the end, but it took me a lot longer than it looks like it should have!


This one was paper that MME provided during their class, I can't remember the name anymore. KC challenged us to create something in a very brief time, using their papers and one of ten prompts. The prompt that I based it one was the word "write." The journaling is about how I went to college for a journalism degree and while I'm not telling the news anymore I am still sharing stories through my scrapbooking and that's what brought me to the Scrapbooksteals.com Retreat. I intend to print a copy of the group photo for this page.


These three use some Glitz papers that I bought at the Retreat. I chalked the edges of the paper strips instead of inking them, I really like the effect and will have to remember to use that again!


I literally went to bed in the middle of working on this page. When I woke I knew I had an idea that would finally give the page the "umph" I was looking for! I pulled out my computer and cut up that red doily for a backdrop. I'm so glad that I did! It gave the page a nice edge to complement the distressing of the other papers.



 This is the first page I completed while there, and probably my favorite. It showcases my love of distressing.  I love the pocket for the journaling folder. The eyelets. The stars from the Kristy stash table.




Thanks for looking! I can't wait to go back next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...