Sunday, November 18, 2012

Building Words

I spend much of my day considering words. Not because I'm a blogger. Nope, because I'm a mom of an almost preschooler who has discovered spelling. We spell all day. I felt that that needed to be captured somehow so when Paper Secrets' newest sketch went up I knew it would be a good time to use the picture of our refrigerator. 


Clearly the most dominant element in the sketch was the starburst. Ohhh, how I hated trying to piece that together!!! But I think it turned out pretty good. Around the top of the page I did a little journaling border - those are all words he's made us spell most frequently. Frequency determined by number of responses to a text sent to family and friends asking them to tell me what they have to help Vance spell! These are clearly the impacting words in his life right now.

http://www.papersecrets.net/2012/11/november-15th-sketch-challenge.html

5 comments:

  1. Clever and precious. Even if this page doesn't contain one picture of your lovely boys you have to treasure the "everyday" that you've captured here. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great idea for your page! Very nice page and take on thye sketch! Love the "woodgrain" pieces in the burst! Thanks for participating in our sketch challenge at Paper Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, how CUTE is that? What a great idea to scrap and save that sweet memory! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job on the sunburst! Thanks for playing with PS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page! What a great way to capture those memories! Thanks for joining us at PS :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...