Monday, January 20, 2014

Reimagine

It's time for a new challenge at Paper Girls Challenge Blog, this time Charity has asked us to do something with pine cones - a little "pine cone pizzazz" if you will. I wasn't having much luck finding pine cones on my papers so I went a different route and cut a apart a pine cone to use on this little wall hanging. 


While I'm not technically participating in Ali Edward's one word program, I do find the idea of having a focus word for the year to be inspirational and chose "reimagine" to guide me through the year. To reinforce the concept I wanted something that I'd get to see everyday to remind me to find new ways to look at things/situations and decided to have a little mixed media fun. Everything here has been "reimagined" in some way - some examples: the canvas itself held David's advent calendar, dried up paint was thinned and given new life, the last bits of various glitter glues put to use, ribbon that has sat unused for ages, last pieces of gems, rubber bands, paper clips, and of course the pine cones that I dismantled and reassembled into flowers. 


There was a point very early in this process where I nearly through it away. I'd primed it and painted the entire thing yellow (the paint is old and I had more of it than any other color). Awful, even with the bits of gesso and book pages showing through. I plopped some pinks in the corners and added these numeral Thickers (again, last of their packs) and it started to hold promise. So many layers later, I'm glad I stuck with it. 


That red thing is the sack from clementines and the dotted tape is drywall joint tape that an instructor at my LSS didn't want to take home.


A few rubber bands, some disjointed gems (they were those designed kind and I'd removed some for various projects), with lots of glitter glue melding it all together.


Just a fun and funky title, it is actually the only newish stuff - an unused clipboard from a class, new wood veneer alphas, modeling paste, glitter, and a new to me stencil from Dylusions.


Here's those pine cones I promised. Now what are you gonna make with yours?



1 comment:

  1. That entire project is re-imagined. What a perfect way to set up a focus word with a visual reminder every time you read it. The pine cone flowers are doubly inspired. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...