Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Love them so Much

Today’s How To'sday project at ScrapbookSteals is probably one of my favorite ways to use those leftover sticker sheets hiding out in my stash. You know you have them too, the ones where you have used so many letters that you can’t spell much of anything. Anyway, it's a really good way to stretch my stash a little farther.

I start by picking a random scrap of paper and randomly place letters on it. Try to resist the urge to put all the letters within the edges of the scrap, let some of them hang off those edges. Apply some at odd angles. You really want them to be random. Once you’re satisfied, trim letters that are handing over the edge.


Paint over the letters and allow to dry. For this project I used Tim Holtz DistressPaint Daubers but virtually any thin coat of paint will do.


While the scrap was drying I painted the sticker sheet as well, keeping the color uneven and away from the very edges. You should probably let those dry also.


The next step will vary a bit, I used my Silhouette Cameo to die cut a couple of hearts. You could free hand a shape or use some other die cutting system. I cut my hearts in three sizes.


I just love the texture that the letters bring to this sort of die cutting. 


 And a few more close-ups for your viewing pleasure.





The layout itself was based on the Melodee's Iolite 3 sketch. 

Most of the products came from my scrap bin, but MME Kraft Funday is the majority of it. The letter sheet is from BasicGrey Origins. 

1 comment:

  1. I take back my comment from earlier this week- this is my favorite layout of yours recently. The pictures- those almost startled little faces of joy- the art- I simply love it when you transform stickers- and the sentiment- it almost brings tears to my eyes. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...