Thursday, January 2, 2014

January card club

Remember that shaker card I made for Paper Girls in December? Well, it started something at Soul Sentiments (my LSS), we're now hosting a monthly card class. Each month gets a different technique. Participants get paper, get to experiment with supplies, and if they come back the next month bring cards to trade that feature their style. 

These two cards are from papers from Pink Paislee and are the inspiration for the January Card Club.

The paper we are going to use is the Luxe line, if you are unfamiliar with it let me tell you that the paper is white with foil in gold/silver or copper/black packs. My cards are not white! Our technique this month is using mixed media style products. For these cards I used Distress Ink pads and just kept wiping the pad across the paper. And wiped the ink off of the foil.

 
This card features a MME Chalk Studio tag, Glitz Designs alphas, Graphic 45 Staples flowers, Paper Studio feathers, and stash brads. The ink is Ranger Distress Dusty Concord. 


This card features a scrap of stash cardstock, Paper Studio feathers, Little Yellow Bicycle canvas tags, Stazon ink (sentiment), Hero Arts stamp (sentiment), My Mind's Eye twine. The ink is Ranger Distress Faded Jeans.

The front of the packaging had all these great little samples that I cut out to test which medium worked best/I wanted to use for my card samples. From left to right in a circle here's the techniques I used: Mister Huey's Mist, Ranger Distress Ink pad, Faber-Castell Gelato, Art Anthology spray, Creative Inspirations paint pot, Stazon Ink pad. I was really disappointed at how the paper took in the Mister Huey's, while it certainly is a look that could work it was less than impressive to me. I just plain did a bad job of painting on the CI paint but was glad to see that it worked fairly well. The ink pads both had similar coverage. 



This class will be on Sunday, January 12. Call the store to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...