Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bargello card

I love to learn new techniques and was excited about this one  - the Bargello technique. I gathered from some of the comments on the tutorial that the process isn't new to the scrap (or sewing) world but since I am I loved learning about it! 

I read about it over on the Spellbinders Blog and used the directions they provided. Time consuming, but super easy. 


After making the Bargello portion I wrapped some Girl's Paperie ribbon around that piece of card, tucked in a MME journaling card, heat embossed a Jillibean Soup sentiment, stamped a Tim Holtz stamp onto the background card and then glued it all together.

I went back to the idea later in the day, changing some of the paper dimensions so that the technique filled all a standard card. I also succeeded in doing it from memory! YAY!


Papers are MME Lost and Found and Paper Studios Affinity, ribbon is Pebbles, sentiment is Authentique, butterfly is Jenni Bowlin, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...