Wednesday, August 29, 2012

pearl 8 Break time

It doesn't seem possible that it's time for another Scrapbooksteals.com sketch, let alone that we've almost completed a "gemstone." The title of this page is appropriate because it's been crazy here with getting Squirrel onto a new schedule for our pre-preschool work. And that has left me with less time for craftiness. He loves it, I miss it. *sigh*

This week, Kristy's sketch featured a large doily in the background and layers of paper with tons of buttons. Not so bad. But I wasn't feeling it so I turned to another challenge to tell me what to do. 


I took my paper choices and some of my elements from the CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge this week. Not a palette I typically work with but I was able to assemble pieces from a variety of collections that work nicely together. 

Background paper: Cosmo Cricket Cosgmo Cogs
Doily: BasicGrey 12x12 cut to size
Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts and Lilac House
American Crafts Thickers
Stash buttons, bias tape, and floss
WRMK Sew Stamper fuchsia head
October Afternoon and Studio Calico Mists to create that green plaid paper
Ranger Distress Ink, walnut stain and broken china
Sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...