Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Heat transfer

When you're getting ready for a party do you feel like you need new clothes? Well, I  do! But I decided to be a bit more economical for Squishy's birthday party and "decorate" a shirt that I haven't worn in ages because it was boring. 

This is not the first project I've attempted with the Silhouette heat transfer material (bought it several moons ago on Scrapbooksteals and it's just been in my closet), but it is the first one I've done that all the pieces have stayed stuck.  I don't know why I've had so many problems using that stuff - thinking my iron doesn't get hot enough. Maybe.

The flourish came from the Silhouette store, I cut it in two sizes and two colors. First ironing on the sparkly black and then the flocked white. Then, because the flourishes felt like they were just hanging on my shoulder I added this store bought flower pin to finish it off. 


I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, but wish I could get the transfer material to work all the time. Another project I made the same day isn't staying stuck. Has anyone else used this stuff with success?


1 comment:

  1. How creative Jessica! Love how that shirt turned out! Hope you have continued success with more! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I appreciate your comment and that you took the time to come by!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...