Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Messy

Whew, what a week it's been! Glad things were back to normal enough for me to squeeze in this crafty project as a gift for a friend.

The frame was a white frame with a white mat that I picked up on clearance from Target. Boring, right?   I knew it had potential though so I bought it to stash away until the right moment. 


I covered the mat with pieces of MME Lost and Found scraps. Then I added some stash ribbon and a whole bunch of heat set gemstones (I really should play with my iRock more, so fun!). Next, I stamped a Tim Holtz flourish in the very center and then ghost stamped on each side twice. The finishing touch under the glass is a die cut from Authentique Uncommon that quotes Dr. Suess. All the papers are inked with Distress Ink Walnut Stain.

On the glass itself are four Bella Blooms (flowers with button centers) that I spray misted from a bubblegum pink to black. The flowers took the ink really well and are nearly black, the buttons didn't dry as quickly so I smeared them around a bit that way the pink really shows through. I adhered them with quick setting glue. 

I'm glad I got a little messy with this one because now I can enter it into the Paper Girls Challenge to do something messy creative. 

Feels funny to leave the sample photo in the frame but I still need to print the 5x7 that'll take its place. ;)

2 comments:

  1. So glad we can have challenges that help you check things off your To Do list! Great entry! As usual thanks for playing along at PHCB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to get messy! Thanks for playing with The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...