Tuesday, June 11, 2013

OWH Card template

Last week Operation Write Home posted a tutorial on their Facebook page on how to use several papers from a 6x6 pad at the same time with minimal waste/maximum cards produced. Sweet. So I pulled up Kathryn's blog, converted the dimensions of her templates into two Silhouette cut files (6- 6x6 sheets) and got to work. While setting it up as a file took a bit of time, it's all set up for next time!  

I used the template twice, and still need to embellish six of the cards, but here's most of what I got done using the template.

Kathryn had matted her shapes using solid cardstock, I used more sheets from my partially used 6x6 MME Lost and Found pad and managed to finish off the pack because I did. Woot. 


Some of my embellishments are from Glitz, like these word stickers. 


These brads are from my stash, probably Paper Studio.




There's also several die cuts from Authentique collections - Blissful and Gathering.









I'm soooo using this template idea again. Seriously, I got all that done in one naptime!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a great set of cards and what a blessing to OWH. Darn, I don't have a Silhouette. The concept is great though and totally doable by hand too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice group of cards! Pretty neat too that you now have the file set up for use over and over in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...