Friday, June 14, 2013

Scrap Your Story - sketch


Normally I am all about the layers, layers, layers but when I saw this week's sketch at Scrap Your Story I decided to go for something more clean. 


I made the circles by tracing a couple of my Kiwi Lane templates and then inside of those circles I traced the inside and outside of the roll of washi that I had used to decorate the circles. 

The square I sketched on and then traced with a WRMK Sew Easy Random sew head, and stitched with some MME Kraft Funday twine. 

Brads are assorted from Amy Tangerine and Teresa Collins.

The zig zags were the negatives from a card I'd made using MME Kraft Funday.


Add in some silver gel pen doodling and lots of paper crinkling and it's done and pretty true to the sketch.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice layout. I like how your layout stands out as it is very different from the others. You are always such a good inspiration to take the sketch and make it your own. This is good for me who needs design help to stretch out of my own box and not be a copycat. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...