Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Practical Scrappers - 10 Things Tuesday - Scallops

It's Ten Things Tuesday so that means Practical Scrappers is bringing you 10 fun things to do with Scallops today! When you're done checking this out, head on over and see what else the design team has in store for you.

There's a lot out there in the way of scallops. I sort of went a little technique crazy with mine and you'll see there's a lot of scallop action on this page.

Let's start with the fact that I used this Studio Calico Mask to create the background. Scalloped pendants on a banner (which could also be considered a curved scallop).

I misted it in three colors (OA Sprinklers Screen Door and Sidewalk and Mister Huey's Clover), moving the mask and attempting to line it up in rows across the page. I got my idea from something Emily Pitts had posted on Scrapbook and Cards Today's blog.



Once the background was mostly dry I used that mask again and wiped some modeling paste over the top, applying with my finger. After that dried, a little Ranger Distress Faded Denim inking helped bring some depth to the banner.



There's another scallop though - scroll back up and check out that border at the bottom of the page. It's just a die-cut from Authentique's Journey but the die cuts from the kit were a perfect complement to the photo of David pulling Vance on a family bicycle outing.


The idea of using all those little Authentique pieces came from my friend Michele, who posted a similarly styled page on the Scrapbooksteals Facebook page recently.

And if anyone can tell me how to use mists and such without major page warping I'd love them forever!

2 comments:

  1. What a great page. Love how you distressed the top and misted the page. Beautiful Hope you will link up your gorgeous work to whimsical Wednesday tomorrow.

    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...