I spray misted the doily on the BasicGrey paper, creating a square center as well as coloring the hot pink doily and using it as a mask (three tasks in one! Now that's using your scrap stash effectively.) Two colors later I liked the center's color and depth so I shook a little bit of ink out on the page to get some nice splatters. I inked up the edges of the page and the square with some Distress Inks.
Then I used gesso to adhere the Goodwill doily to the page and to the picture. Added the MME decorative tapes, the brads, and the buttons.
Not happy with how flat it still is, I continued adding depth via Thickers. Good, now add journaling. Add in the faux stitching.
Still flat and lacking, it needed something because that doily was really stealing the show. I crumbled the edges of the paper, letting it tear and smash while doing so.
Then I took that paper doily that I'd misted and layered it piece of solid Bazzill and under the rest of the project. And then it was just right.
Have a great weekend!