Friday, September 21, 2012

Authentique September Color Inspiration Challenge

Fall rolls around and that means lots of inspiration comes in either primary colors or in orange! For Authentique's September Inspiration Challenge they went the orange route - almond, pumpkin, and black - the colors of their new Enchanted line. I own all of three full lines of their wonderous paper so I sort of played pretend, again!

I used an idea that they had on their blog of repurposing the tea tins from Starbucks. You may remember that I've already covered a couple since they posted that project, so this is my third tin. What can I say? I can get the tea for free and then I like the size for holding odds and ends that accumulate in my scrap space.

Anyway, I spritzed some black mist on a piece of Gathering Harmony 6x6, and then folded it around the front of the tin. I covered the rest of the tin with some plain cream card stock that was literally one of my first purchases.

I used a piece of trimmed off 6x6 as a frame for the bird and layered some other Gathering elements on and around, then popped all of it with some pom pom flowers from Fluerettes.

Putting all that black around the Gathering pieces really moved them from the red/orange to more  pumpkinesque, don't you think?

Authentique products:
Gathering Harmony
Gathering Tabloids
Gathering Icons
Gathering combo card (word stickers)

Other products
ATG
Fluerettes
stash ivory paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...