Saturday, September 22, 2012

Up, down, run around

I feel like my mojo is back! All these posts lately -- that means I've been getting a lot done! YAY! 

So today we're talking about the My Mind's Eye September challenge, I missed the first one but the second is about "making it work" aka make a card and page that complement each other in some way.

I chose to use the same papers and then used one design element on both. The papers are from Ooh La La. 

Here they are together:


Just the card. The letters are American Crafts Thickers, from the Dear Lizzy line. I got the idea to fold the paper like that from one of Kristy Lee's pages at Scrapbooksteals.com. She does it a lot, but explained how when the "steal" was Kiwi Lane Design templates. She folded the swooshed paper after inking it and created a customized look that I love! I didn't use a template because my mom has snatched all mine, but I sort of winged it with my scissors. ;)


Just the page:

Now the page was an interesting experiment. Some of my Silhouette sketch pens weren't writing anymore, I took one all the way apart and then blew into it like you'd blow into a straw and pushed the ink out onto some plastic. Aha! There was more ink in there than you'd have expected. Well, when that worked so nicely I decided to take some of the others that had stopped writing consistently and do the same in ink splurts across the background. LOVED it! 

Also, I totally broke from my normal habit and didn't use a challenge sketch. This one's all me. Aren't you proud?! Anywho.


Since I talked a bit about those folds on the card I thought I'd show a close-up of the texture they give. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...